Jay M. Atkinson,
CPA, MBA, is an experienced business and financial manager, who over the last two decades has held CFO and operational leadership roles in various industries. His prior experience as a banker gives him a unique perspective on how to position companies to the financial community, and has served him well in leading distressed companies back to profitability.
- Finalist for the Virginia Business Magazine’s 2007 CFO of the Year Award.
- Has led successful turnarounds of distressed companies.
- Successfully managed the liquidation of a private equity backed NYC based enterprise when the PE firm pulled their funding; this involved the sale of assets, as well as negotiating settlements with, and getting releases from, major creditors.
- Serving as acting CFO for a rapidly growing environmental engineering firm.
- Multiple successful system implementations/optimizations.
has had significant experience starting and managing both small and large companies. Most recently he was Owner/Chairman of Inter.net Canada, which was acquired in January of this year. Previously, he has held senior management and CEO positions at Quintum Technologies, Inter.net Global, PSINet, Inc., InterCon Systems, and Learning Tree Software. At PSINet, he was VP of Consumer Services where he built an organization which grew from 5,000 customers to over 125K customers in 6 months, and was later sold to Mindspring.
- Built the first commercial ISP in Japan.
- Rolled up the remains of 70 companies purchased in 20 countries around the world.
- Built companies from scratch and successfully sold them.
- Set the strategy for a web startup that led to its being acquired by Yahoo.
- Founded an Internet software company in the late 1980’s, built it from scratch to over 120 employees and 10M in revenue, then sold it to an international ISP.
Laurie Head Atkinson, a former Capitol Hill press secretary and award-winning marketing/communications specialist, has more than 17 years experience in marketing, public relations and public affairs. This experience has involved counseling high-tech start-ups and advising on investor relations matters.